The room remains dark but I want out. I carry on like a
child throwing a temper tantrum until the bedroom door opens. Then I run out
making a mad dash for the back door. I wait for my exit and leap into the
cool crisp air at 6 am. I can smell the seasonal change. Fall has arrived.
I have one goal in mind…to find the perfect place for my
morning ritual. I look around, pretending to search for the ideal spot. But regardless
of the season, I always choose the elderberry bush.
The lush green foliage of summer has passed and I can no longer hide
behind the leafy bush or nibble on the tasty berries. I do not have to contend with the soft spring elderberry flowers that leave their downy white on my fur. And the skeleton branches of
winter that provide no privacy has not yet arrived.
This elderberry bush, during this autumn season, offers just the right amount of leaf
cover. I love this spot, convenient to the house, just past the porch steps. And
it’s my spot, with my smells. The perfect place for me to take my first morning
pee.
What a narrative eye and control of narrative time/space. You're getting me intrigued about how (my narrative version of how) my cats would move through their narrative world compared with your beloved dogs.
ReplyDelete