![]() |
| Bartholomew |
We quickly learned that if we got on the highway and traffic flowed, Barth felt fine. The local traffic with its stops and slow-downs, really turned his stomach and resulted in a major clean-up of the car.
So as my husband and I made our long drives and got within walking distance of our final destination, we developed a strategy. I readied Barth for the great escape, affixing his leash. The car slowed and the second it stopped I jumped out, grabbed Barth and walked with him the last half mile or so.
With adrenaline flowing and
heart pumping Barth and I met up with my husband about 10 minutes later. I felt
like I had gone through the gauntlet but arrived a victor -- sometimes sweaty, sometimes drenched from the rain but always grateful that the car remained clean.
Needless to say, we kept road trips with Barth to a minimum.

It's all worth it for the right dog.
ReplyDelete