I love dogs but...I have a realistic attitude about them. I know they are animals, pets, companions and occasionally intuitive.
Most times they act dumber than stone.
You see, I consider myself a dog person, having lived with dogs for years and years. I cannot picture myself without at least one pet pooch. However, you will never hear me tell you my dogs possess incredible insight, intelligence, and have a way of predicting the future.
Unlike many dog owners I know what I got with my dogs. They
lack perfection, sometimes work hard at becoming an irritant, and occasionally drive
me to raising my voice like a raving maniac to tell them to stop barking.
When I rented a cottage in Maine, deciding to take my dogs
on a vacation, the rental agent warned me that barking dogs would present a
problem. I replied, Not my dogs.This blog lays testament to the truth about life with dogs and what I know but typically don’t confess (especially to a rental agent). And even though I may try to distance myself at times from my dogs, I do love them. In retrospect, some of our best and most memorable times occur when I want to tell the world Those are not my dogs.
Wow. I think this is great. I really do. You have voice in here and a unique pov which, by the way, I agree with - I have a rescue dog and a rescue cat. Great work.
ReplyDelete