Wednesday, May 15, 2013

My Pal Darcy


On my walk with Darcy this morning I started thinking about friends and why I enjoy my dog’s company so much. There is much truth to the adage that dogs are man’s (and woman’s) best friend.

Here’s what I love about my BFF Darcy:
  1. She is a great listener – non-judgmental, never interrupting, and always allowing me to choose the subject and go on for as long as I want.
  2. Other than walk me, water me, feed me and love me, she demands little.
  3. She keeps me company and they say she is good for lowering my blood pressure.
  4. She is always happy to see me and greets me with her cock-eyed, somewhat scary, smile whether 5 minutes, 5 hours or 5 days have passed.
  5. She is always up for taking a walk.
  6. She feels great to pet and helps calm me down when I feel frazzled.
  7.  She loves the dog treats I make and convinces me that I can cook.
  8. She pays attention to me.
  9.  She cheers me up when I feel blue.
  10.  She loves me.

So when I think of friends, I can’t help but think of Darcy. She behaves in a consistent way. I always know what I can expect from her. And, she never lets me down.


No comments:

Post a Comment