![]() |
| Jasper with the tempting tree legs behind. |
Our dogs, Jasper and Darcy, sniffed and smelled along the way, marking their scent, as well. I marveled at how well Jasper, at age 13, handled these walks. He kept pace with JF, who gently guided him on the leash.
On the return, the dogs paused periodically to take in the different smells and mark their own scents. During one such pause, I noticed Jasper gently twist the leash behind my husband and move into an unusual position. And then it dawned on me what was coming next. I tried to provide a warning but could not formulate the words. When I finally uttered the expletive, Jasper had already lifted his leg and started the steady stream of pee on the back of JF’s leg.
In disbelief we looked at the wet line snaking down JF’s jeans, starting just below the back of his knee. Jasper looked unfazed by our raised voices and choice words. This old dog responded to nature’s calling. He just chose to respond to the nearest limb, which unfortunately for JF, was not a tree.


No comments:
Post a Comment