I have heard that dogs provide their owners with
unconditional love. Well, I beg to differ. I think the opposite is true and
that we, meaning responsible, well trained dog owners (who have received this
training from our pups after years of living with them) provide our pooches
with unconditional love.
When we get pissed at our dogs and try to have a
conversation, they just look at us with the same expression they have when they
want food, a walk, or to go out for a pee break. And, when they give me that look, the one that conveys I do not have a clue what you are saying,
nor do I care. All I want is…I give up, smile and cave-in. I pet their
head, rub their belly, let them out, or give them a treat. Any trace of my annoyance dissipates.
No matter how angry they make me when they vomit in the
house, wag their tail and break a vase, or jump on me with muddy paws, I can
never stay mad. They look at me with those soulful eyes and my heart just
melts. I give them unconditional love.
Good point. Is it that the dogs love us that we love them, or vice versa?
ReplyDelete